I can’t wait to share my DIY Max & Chloe Wired Love Bracelet tutorial today! I’ve been seeing this gorgeous bracelet popping up around Pinterest but at a purse wrenching $275, I don’t think I could ever splurge for it. Here’s a great alternative using simple jewelry wire and embroidery thread for a mere fraction of the price!
10 inches of 22 gauge jewelry wire (You can also use sterling silver or gold plated.)
Jewelry pliers (Or any pliers with rounded tips)
A bead for embellishment
Embroidery thread (Max & Chloe uses a satin cord)
1. Gather your materials!
2. Start with one end of the wire clamped with the pliers and twist the wire around twice to create a secure loop for your embroidery thread. Use your free hand to hold and turn the wire around the plier tip. Bending wire this way gives you a lot more control and movement rather than twisting the pliers (although you will have to twist them occasionally).
3. Go with the flow! Once you’re on the “o” of “love”, string on the bead if you wish to embellish your wired word as I have. When I first started working with wire wrapped projects, I liked to practice with a copper filled wire which is much cheaper but with the same feel of the more expensive wires.
4. To get a tighter curve, use the thicker part of the pliers to clamp the specific curve you want to shape.
5. Once you’ve reached the end and created a loop, use the wire cutters to trim away any excess wire.
6. String the embroidery thread through the loops and create simple sliding knots to allow the bracelet to be adjustable. If you don’t know how to create sliding knots, this Instructables tutorial is very helpful.